Cities and suburbs, real and imaginary.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

signing update for this weekend

ALAS! We have a serious foobar!

The Barnes and Noble in North Richland Hills with whom I scheduled a signing months ago assured me that the very first day they could possibly let me in the store was Sunday, March 2. They had an event on Saturday, and they could only let me in on Sunday.

Then, I find out, courtesy of ace reporter Michael Merschel of the Dallas Morning News that this store had me listed and scheduled for a Saturday.

I had always been scheduled for a Sunday at North Richland Hills. I went and got a signing on a Saturday at a different store, because I had *always* been scheduled for Sunday.

I called the store to figure out what was going on. They, apparently, *never* have events on Sundays. (???) They assured me they had scheduled me for Saturday.

I ended up double-scheduled.

Naturally, I'm going to favor the store that hasn't dropped the ball with me. (This is, believe it or not, the second time this store has let me down. I am disappointed with their community relations manager, but there's nothing I can do about that. It's still a fine store, with many fine staff members.)

I'll be swinging through the North Richland Hills store at approximately noon on Saturday to sign some stock. Then, I'm going to go to the signing that's scheduled at a Barnes and Noble in North Arlington for my scheduled 2:00-4:00 signing.

On Sunday, I'm going to go in to the store and just hang out, in an unofficial capacity, in case anyone wants to meet me. I'll be the guy drinking coffee with the big, yellow bag that looks like it got run over by a car.

So, let's review the schedule:

Saturday, March 1:
12:00 PM - Barnes and Noble in North Richland Hills, across from Northeast Mall, to sign stock.

2:00 PM-4:00 PM - Barnes and Noble in Arlington on Copeland Street, near the intersection of Collins and I-30 (on the southern access road.)

Sunday, March 2
2:00 PM - I'll be hanging out at the Barnes and Noble in North Richland Hills, across from the Northeast Mall until about 4:00 PM, if you want to come by and meet me.

These things happen. Everybody, adjust your plans accordingly, and tell your friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.